Waukegan BMX was founded in 2005 and operated as a NBL (National Bicycle League) sanctioned track until 2011 when the NBL merged with the ABA (American Bicycle Association) and created the USA BMX sanctioning body.
Waukegan BMX is USA BMX track #1867.
The track is operated by a volunteer board in conjunction with the Waukegan Park District.
Current Board members include:
Track Operator - Robert Kiesgen
Asst. Track Operator - Justin Stover
Clerk - Lindsay Melrose
Treasurer - Erik Gehrke
Parent Rep - Lena Kopecky
Asst. Clerk - Melissa Schultz
Concessions- Ashley Withey
Monthly board meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at a designated Waukegan Park District facility.
Elections for officers or representatives for any upcoming 1 or 2 year terms shall be made at the
annual November membership meeting. Nominations shall be open from the October quarterly
board meeting until the annual membership meeting.
Positions on the board and their responsibilities are as follows:
1. Track Operator - Shall be directly responsible for the on-going maintenance and running all sanctioned events as per the Track Operators Manual. The TO works with the approval of the Board on any track maintenance items.
2. Assistant Track Operator – Assist TO with operation and preparation of track. Will help organize volunteers on race day. Liaison with park district on track operations.
3. Clerk – Registration, renewals, set up Motos, race reports.
4. Treasurer – Keep and maintain all financial records of the track, Purchasing (Concessions, trophies).
5. Parent Representative – Promotions, Fund raising and Concessions.
A complete list of the Waukegan BMX bylaws can be found on the Waukegan Park District web site here.